Chiropractic Marketing – My Philosophy on Marketing for Patients.
Chiropractic marketing! There is a plethora of options out there to get patients. Most of them suck and simply don’t work. This essay will help you immensely to differentiate the good from the bad in chiropractic marketing strategy.
Then I will explain in my rather blunt way, my approaches and thinking on the absolute best ways to tackle chiropractic marketing and the attraction of leads and patient flow into a chiropractic practice.
Make no mistake about it – if you wish to have a fantastically successful practice then you must employ the use of fantastically effective chiropractic marketing to succeed in the “Chiropractic Business” – because this is a “business” you’re in.
Chiropractic Marketing Ideas – My Approach
Let’s talk about chiropractic marketing ideas first. Your biggest trade associations such as this chiropractic organization, have excellent intentions – but the primary problem is they don’t teach you how to stay afloat and thrive running a practice.
You can be the greatest chiropractor on planet earth and you can care about patients with such empathy that even Mother Theresa would be impressed – but – if you don’t have any new patients because your marketing skills are lacking, what is the point?
My approach to chiropractic marketing ideas is simple: You need multiple Marketing Poles in the water, eg. marketing tactics. Each Marketing Pole needs to bring in 1-3 new patients monthly. By that math, then to average 30 new patients in your practice you need about 15-20 marketing projects running simultaneously.
Do you hit that number? If not then no wonder you are not getting the new business you need or desire. You can’t fight the math. That is why I founded Practice Building Center in 2004. I wanted one centralized training site that would be filled with protected content, that would teach you exactly the things needed to hit your new patient target.
Fact: New members routinely double the number of new patients, when they are exposed to the training found on our website. The more marketing poles you implement, the more new patients that will consistently flow through your doors each month. Make sense? Let’s continue…
Chiropractic Marketing Strategies – What I Believe Works
Now, let’s talk about chiropractic marketing strategies. There are exactly three primary areas in which you need to construct Marketing Poles:
- Patients from Online Sources — Nothing is a better feeling than having 5 new patients book appointments today because they found you on Google. Those are free patients without acquisition cost. You MUST master ranking your website high in the top 3 search engines because the public no longer uses the yellow pages or newspapers. Google has replaced that. I am teaching our members specific plans that average them 10-20 new patients from Google search alone.
- Patients from Offline Sources — There are exactly 28 ways to magnetically attract new patients from within your local community. Our research has found that approximately 86% of your new patients usually live within a 3 mile radius surrounding your practice! That is an astounding bias and we like to take full advatage of that in our offline marketing attack. We employ creative and new ways of using direct mail including cheap chiropractic marketing postcards, newspaper inserts (although this is slowly dying), and numerous other Marketing Poles that we teach to new members of Practice Building Center. We provide numerous Marketing Materials to use in our members Download Library.
- Patients from WITHIN — I am sure you have heard the Acres of Diamonds true story – if not read that article. Doctors for some reason chase the latest Shiny Object and blatantly ignore the incredible marketing opportunity to market “internally.” We have a specific set of powerful appraoches that work like crazy to generate New Patient Referrals, Reactivations, as well as tactical methods to turn one family member into 4 by offering Family Care Plans. As well as suggestive selling posters, powerful use of PrePay Office Visit options, and the like.
Those are the three primary areas in which you need to construct Marketing Poles. The successful thriving chiropractor will employ all three and will develop effective Marketing Poles that bring in 1-3 new on average which, when multiplied times 15-20 tactics, causes a new patient flood of business!
Chiropractic Marketing Plan – What Is Needed!
It’s time to talk about your Chiropractic Marketing Plan!
I already mentioned the absolutely vital need for multiple Marketing Poles. However many doctors try a marketing tactic, get good results, then ask “ok what’s next?” Big mistake.
We call this the One Hit Wonder approach to marketing. Instead, we teach that a chiropractor MUST slowly, carefully construct super effective Marketing Poles which then must get implements monthly, all year, and for the remainder of time you are in practice UNTIL that method stops working.
In which case, we simply replace with another Marketing Pole that is working better at the time.
How can you learn about the absolute best marketing approaches that are working right now? We believe the best short-cut to results is (a) partaking in our private membership site at PracticeBuildingCenter.com, COMBINED with active involvement in our chiropractic discussion forum (members only).
Our forum is the world’s largest discussion forum in the industry with over 25,000 forum posts! I was recently doing a private one-on-one direct access consulting session with a doctor averaging $725,000 per year in chiropractic, and his comment to me about our forum was:
“If all a member did was sit and read your forum and what has been discussed tactically, you could build a thriving practice using only this resource.”
Over the years, our forum has attracted the Best & Brightest in the chiropractic industry. Our members and the doctors active in our forum at any point in time, reads like a Who’s Who of our industry. You can learn incredible things by walking in the footsteps of successful doctors. There has never been anything like the PBC Forum as you will discover.
Chiropractic Marketing Companies – What to Look For & What to Be Wary Of!
Now let’s discuss Chiropractic Marketing Companies.
There are exactly three things you must look for when hiring a marketing company to help grow your practice:
- Plethora of Case Studies and Student Success Stories — Nothing speaks to the effectiveness of a consultant than case studies, testimonials, and high ratings from actual PAYING STUDENTS. Click here to see our Wall of Proof and to see how actual paying members rate the quality and power of the chiropractic marketing strategies we are teaching here at PBC every month.
- Media Attention & Consultant Credibility — Read what the San Francisco Chronicle, ABC, CBS, Worth Magazine (online), Yahoo News, and Dozens of Others are saying about Chiropractic Marketing consultant Ben Cummings and what we have going on here at Practice Building Center – click here to read. This says it all.
- In the Trenches Experience & Absolute Proven Track Record of Success, Over an Extended Period of Years With Thousands of Chiropractic Clients — I have been directly affecting the livelihoods of chiropractors since 1995 and for fifteen plus years we have worked with 8,000 chiropractors in just about every English speaking country around the world. To the best of my knowledge, there is no one in chiropractic history who has had more direct influence in building wealth and income in the chiropractic industry than me. To read my Resume and Background click here to read About Ben Cummings article.
Let’s Wrap This Up.
I hope you enjoyed this little Philosophical essay and got some insight from it. If you are looking to grow your chiropractic practice and utilize the short-cuts to results and proven tactical methods that we can teach you, then give serious consideration to joining our private membership site.
We limit membership to 500 doctors and if we are currently sold out add yourself to the waiting list to be notified when new spots become available. We try to release a few new spots monthly, depending on availability.
I wish you maximum success and happiness in your endeavors.